Thrive with Autism plans an innovative, ground breaking public school to dramatically improve education for children on the autism spectrum. Founded in 2019, Thrive recently earned the support of SBOE and TEA to open the first independent charter school in the state of Texas dedicated to serving a special-needs population. Thrive’s mission and vision have brought hope to families who desperately want better educational options for their children on the autism spectrum. Thrive plans to open its founding campus near Magnolia, Texas in Fall2022 serving 108 students Kindergarten through 5th grade, adding a grade level each year to eventually serve up to 12th grade. Thrive plans to open a second campus in central Houston in the near future. The school will be called the Thrive Center for Success. The school will use a research-based university model called Comprehensive Application of Behavior Analysis to Schooling (CABAS).
General Maintenance Worker:
· Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
· Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
· Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
· Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
· Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
· Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
· Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
· Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
· Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
· Experience performing routine maintenance.
· Removing existing flooring and discarding of this material, if applicable.
· Laying wood, carpeting, tiles, concrete, and other types of flooring.
· Ensuring that the flooring materials are well-positioned, secure, and clean.
· Completing the installation by applying appropriate finishes.
· Lawn Services include mowing, weed-eating, tree trimming, and hauling.
· Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
· Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
· Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
· Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Physical Effort and Work Environment
· Standing, walking, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, and reaching continuouslythroughout a shift.
· Pushing and pulling carts or equipment (up to 100 lb.) on tile and carpeted floorscontinuously throughout a shift.
· Must be able to operate equipment necessary to perform essential functions of thejob (hand and power tools, electric meters, and material-handling equipment).
· Able to follow instructions and complete tasks efficiently.
· Physically able to perform duties assigned at sufficient speed.
Thrive’s Commitment to Diversity
Thrive with Autism is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Thrive with Autism is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
Thrive Center for Success’ School Culture & Values
● Every Child Feels Valued
● Celebrate Uniqueness
● Inclusive, Safe Environment
● Educating one of us takesall of us
● A “We” Community - TeamOriented
● A “Yes” Community – Lookfor ways to make it possible. “Why Not”
● Do Whatever It Takes
● Open to Feedback/ConstructiveCriticism
● Live By Our Values -Servant Leadership
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for the General Maintenance Worker is $45,000.
Thrive offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, and time off via school holidays, summer break, and PTO. Thrive is a participant in the Teacher’s Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
To Apply: Visit www.thrivesuccess.org/jobs