In Fall 2022, Thrive with Autism opened its first groundbreaking public school with the goal of dramatically improving education for children on the autism spectrum. Thrive Center for Success is the first charter school in the state of Texas dedicated to serving a special-needs population. Founded in 2019, Thrive with Autism’s mission and vision have brought hope to families who desperately want better educational options for their children on the autism spectrum. This fall Thrive will serve 132 students Kindergarten through 6th grade, adding a grade level each year to eventually serve up to 12th grade. Thrive plans to open a second campus in central Houston soon.
Thrive Center for Success seeks skilled operational coordinator to use their talents in order to support the instructional quality of our school, to create a welcoming environment for families, students and staff, and to help our team serve students with autism and other developmental disabilities in an innovative and transformative way. The Front Office and Student Data Coordinator is responsible for implementing systems and structures that will streamline student and family interactions with the Thrive office. Additionally, this role is responsible for exact and timely record keeping of all students non-academic data and is Thrive’s main point of contact with state and federal agencies as it relates to that data. The Front Office and Student Data Coordinator will report to Thrive’s Operations Manager and work closely with the Superintendent, Principal, Academic Director and other staff.
PEIMS AND Data Reporting:
· Coordinate all campus level activities associated with PEIMS and data reporting
· Evaluate student information system programs for accuracy and comprehensiveness including but not limited to; cumulative folders, records requests, transcripts, report cards/progress reports, student health, medication and allergy records, special program and specialized indicator coding, and student attendance data
· Coordinate the procedures used to provide transcript data collection and dissemination
· Use Trex to send and receive student records from one district to another
· Coordinate and manage activity associated with student attendance and with request for permanent records
· Gather and create data reports as needed for school administrators and federal/state/city agencies
· Lead the preparation of student records for internal and external audits (i.e., student medical records)
· Coordinate campus enrollment and withdraw requests
· Ensure the school is adhering to all local compliance and reporting requirements
· Work in conjunction with back-office service provider to oversee, collect and report data to TEA and other agencies, as required, including PEIMS data
· Completes other duties as assigned
· Attend training and complete research to understand applicable state statutes, local policies/procedures and federal & state compliance requirements.
· Maintain campus handbooks and procedures manuals: Work with administrators to check and assist with adherence in all areas. Suggest changes to documents as necessary.
· Manage the activity of the school front office including greeting guests, and answering phones and email inquiries, and assisting with any additional front office staff support needs.
· Respond to a variety of questions, comments, concerns, issues, and other matters in an appropriate and professional matter
· Steps in to support ad hoc tasks and projects wherever necessary to build a strong school environment
· Performs other clerical tasks and assumes responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent or Director of Business and Operations.
Competencies and Commitments
· Strong attention to detail and timeliness
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Effective time-management and task-management skills
· Exceptional record keeping and systems orientation
· Commitment to confidentiality of student and staff information
· High School diploma
· Endures possible inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
· Able to lift 50 pounds, run 100 yards, drop/lift to one knee, go up/downstairs, and preform some light manual labor
· Willingness to work on some evenings or other non-standard business hours, as required by the needs of the school and in accordance with the duties outlined above
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution (Preferred)
· A minimum of 3+ years of experience in a similar role in education or similar organization.
· Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing successful strategies and delivering activities in an education context.
· Strong cultural competency skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse population.
· Fluent in Spanish
Thrive’s Commitment to Diversity
Thrive with Autism is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Thrive with Autism is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for the Front Office and Student Data Coordinator position begins at $16 per hour and increases based on years of relevant experience.
Thrive offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, and time off via school holidays, summer break, and PTO. Thrive is a participant in the Teacher’s Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
*Compensation rates are contingent upon the confirmation of grant-based funding for the 23-24 school year as well as approval by the Thrive Board of Directors.
To Apply: Visit www.thrivesuccess.org/jobs