Thrive with Autism / Thrive Center for Success
Position location: Greater Houston region (Magnolia / The Woodlands, Texas)
Thrive with Autism plans an innovative, groundbreaking public school to dramatically improve education for children on the autism spectrum. Founded in 2019, Thrive recently earned the support of SBOE and TEA to open the first independent charter school in the state of Texas dedicated to serving a special-needs population. Thrive’s mission and vision have brought hope to families who desperately want better educational options for their children on the autism spectrum. Thrive plans to open its founding campus near Magnolia, Texas in Fall 2022 serving 108 students Kindergarten through 5th grade, adding a grade level each year to eventually serve up to 12th grade. Thrive plans to open a second campus in central Houston in the near future. The school will be called the Thrive Center for Success. The school will use a research-based university model called Comprehensive Application of Behavior Analysis to Schooling (CABAS).
Must be an energetic positive personality who loves children and has a passion and drive to improve the instructional quality of our school. To support our instructional practices to the benefit of all our students. Help create a welcoming environment for faculty and students within a classroom setting that helps each student thrive. The Registered Behavior Technician will report directly to their classroom Special Education Teacher but will periodically get supervision from BCBA team and feedback from Principal, Licensed Specialist in School Psychology, and other mentor teachers.
● Learn daily routines, resources, and practices.
● Supervise recess, carpool, and lunch as assigned.
● Receive and adjust instructional practices based on feedback.
● Learn to record, graph, and analyze instructional and learning data.
● Support preparation of teacher lesson plans that conform to the adopted curriculum and that factor each student's unique learning circumstances, as appropriate and necessary.
● Support assessments of student progress.
● Continue to develop knowledge and skills by attending professional development opportunities and applying training to classroom teaching.
● Communicate learning needs to teachers and report behavioral concerns or issues to principal and other staff, as appropriate.
● Address student behavior as appropriate and necessary and maintain a proper classroom
management style conducive to student learning.
● Collaborate with other staff to implement each student's individualized education program.
● Learn to and apply the use of information technology to implement the adopted curriculum, lesson plans, and individualized education program requirements to daily classroom teaching.
● Have timely communication with teachers about student needs.
● Observe student behavior and learning and leverage student interests and learning abilities to work towards mastery of adopted curriculum and classroom lessons.
● Implements instructional activities as assigned that contribute to student engagement and academic growth.
● Implements instructional resources provided to meet the needs of students with varying
backgrounds and learning needs.
● Supports student growth and achievement to be continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program.
● Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting schedules and
● Other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift 50 pounds, run 100 yards, drop/lift to one knee, go up/down stairs, and pass all verbal/physical competencies to be a fully certified Safety Care specialist.
- Certification as a Registered Behavior Technician required.
- Experience working with children with autism required.
- Desire to grow and advance professionally with the school highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish or ASL a plus.
- Experience in schools is a plus.
Will be evaluated using the CABAS rank system.
Thrive with Autism is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Thrive Center for Success’ School Culture & Values
- Every Child Feels Valued
- Celebrate Uniqueness
- Inclusive, Safe Environment
- Welcoming/Nurturing/Positive Environment
- Educating one of us takes all of us
- A “We” Community - Team Oriented
- A “Yes” Community – Look for ways to make it possible. “Why Not”
- Do Whatever It Takes
- Open to Feedback/Constructive Criticism
- Live By Our Values - Servant Leadership
To submit an application please visit: