In Fall 2022, Thrive with Autism opened its first groundbreaking public school with the goal of dramatically improving education for children on the autism spectrum. Thrive Center for Success is the first charter school in the state of Texas dedicated to serving a special-needs population. Founded in 2019, Thrive with Autism’s mission and vision have brought hope to families who desperately want better educational options for their children on the autism spectrum. Next school year, Thrive will serve 132 students Kindergarten through 6th grade, adding a grade level each year to eventually serve up to 12th grade. Thrive plans to open a second campus in central Houston soon.
Thrive seeks energetic, positive individuals who love children and have a passion and drive to improve the instructional quality of our school. The Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) will support our instructional practices to the benefit of all our students by creating a welcoming environment for faculty and students within the classroom setting. Thrive utilizes the Comprehensive Application of Behavior Analysis to Schooling (CABAS) model of instruction, and all RBTs are expected to learn, internalize, and implement this framework in their classrooms. For more on CABAS, visit cabasschools.org. The RBT will report directly to the Principal but will also work closely with and take direction from their classroom Special Education Teacher the BCBA team, Thrive’s Special Education Director, and other mentor teachers.
● Learn and implement daily classroom routines, resources, and practices.
● Supervise and support students during PE, recess, carpool, and lunch as assigned.
● Receive and adjust instructional practices based on feedback.
● Learn to record, graph, and analyze instructional and learning data.
● Learn, internalize and implement principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) in classroom model and teaching practices.
● Support preparation of classroom lesson plans that conform to the adopted curriculum and that factor each student's unique learning circumstances, as appropriate and necessary.
● At the classroom teacher’s direction, support assessments of student progress.
● Continue to develop knowledge and skills by attending professional development opportunities and applying training to classroom teaching.
● Communicate learning needs to teachers and report behavioral concerns or issues, as appropriate.
● Address student behavior as appropriate and necessary and maintain a proper classroom
management style conducive to student learning.
● Collaborate with other staff to implement each student's individualized education program.
● Learn to and apply the use of information technology to implement the adopted curriculum, lesson plans, and individualized education program requirements to daily classroom teaching.
● Ensure ongoing and timely communication with teachers about student needs.
● Observe student behavior and learning and leverage student interests and learning abilities to work towards mastery of adopted curriculum and classroom lessons.
● Implement instructional activities as assigned that contribute to student engagement and academic growth.
● Implement instructional resources provided to meet the needs of students with varying
backgrounds and learning needs.
● Consistently uphold professional obligations through efficient work habits such as establishing meeting schedules, continuously communicating in a positive and proactive
● Other duties as assigned.
Thrive’s Commitment to Diversity
Thrive with Autism is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Thrive with Autism is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for RBT positions begins at $30,000 and increases based on years of relevant experience and earned degrees. Thrive pays a $3000 stipend for candidates who are bilingual in Spanish or American Sign Language and a $2000 stipend for candidates who possess an BCBA or BCaBA certification. Thrive intends to increase RBT base pay for the 23-24 school year, pending board approval.
Thrive offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, and time off via school holidays, summer break, and PTO. Thrive is a participant in the Teacher’s Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
To Apply: Visit www.thrivesuccess.org/jobs