Thrive with Autism / Thrive Center for Success
Position location: Greater Houston region (Magnolia / The Woodlands, Texas)
Thrive with Autism plans an innovative, groundbreaking public school to dramatically improve education for children on the autism spectrum. Founded in 2019, Thrive recently earned the support of SBOE and TEA to open the first charter school in the state of Texas dedicated to serving a special-needs population. Thrive’s mission and vision have brought hope to families who desperately want better educational options for their children on the autism spectrum. Thrive plans to open its founding campus near Magnolia, Texas in Fall 2022 serving 108 students Kindergarten through 5th grade, adding a grade level each year to eventually serve up to 12th grade. Thrive plans to open a second campus in central Houston in the near future. The school will be called the Thrive Center for Success.
Thrive seeks an experienced BCABA or BCBA with a track record of delivering successful outcomes for children with special needs to serve as a School Behavior Analyst. The School Behavior Analyst will implement Thrive’s vision/mission, model, and programs systematically and scientifically in a classroom school setting. Thrive is drawing inspiration from a model called CABAS (Comprehensive Application of Behavior Analysis to Schooling). The School Behavior Analyst will report to the Lead School Behavior Analyst.
To provide behavior analysis services and behavior management plans for special education students enrolled in educational programs; provide support and professional learning to school site staff, instructional aides, and parents/guardians in appropriate behavior intervention techniques; conducts assessments and develops plans that conform to IDEA, other applicable statutes and regulations. Support implementation of CABAS model and supervise behavior technicians / instructional aides in the classroom.
- Support implementation of the CABAS model in the classroom.
- Provides leadership/training in the best practices regarding Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports.
- Provides training and assists the campus staff in conducting, writing, and /or implementing functional behavioral assessments, behavior intervention plans, and /or behavior protocols.
- Participate as part of a TBSI (Texas Behavior Support Initiative) site team.
- Provide Safety Care training as a certified trainer
- Provide staff and parent trainings on topics related to Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Demonstrates steps taken for professional growth.
- Collaborates with staff to problem solve in crisis situations.
- Facilitates communication and collaboration with building personnel and parents.
- Regular Attendance.
- Maintain confidentiality.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Behavior Technicians/Instructional Aides
Other duties as assigned
- Complete other implementation projects as assigned by the Executive Director, Principal, Lead School BCBA, and/or Board of Directors.
- Thrive Center for Success will be a start-up school with a small team in the early years. The School Behavior Analyst will be responsible and accountable for supporting the principal in implementation and may be asked to step into projects not specifically outlined above.
Competencies and Commitments:
- Able to lift 50 pounds, run 100 yards, drop/lift to one knee, go up/down stairs, and pass all physical competencies to be a fully certified Safety Care trainer.
- Passion for the mission of Thrive; demonstrated commitment to equitable educational opportunities for children with special needs and/or learning differences.
- Holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals.
- Ability to set direction and motivate others to action; demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through work with others.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that requires creativity, adaptability, and an orientation to problem-solving.
- Analytical skills; ability to synthesize data to set priorities.
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills; proven experience building relationships with diverse stakeholders and communities.
- Strong work ethic; willingness to work beyond a 40-hour week to serve students.
- Authentic, humble, servant-leader orientation.
- Growth mindset; strong receptiveness to give and receive frequent feedback.
- Willingness to work on some weekends, evenings, or other non-standard business hours, as required by the needs of the school and in accordance with the duties outlined above. Willingness to do “whatever it takes” to serve students and their families at the highest level.
- Self-manage stress and task with excellent organizational skills.
- Flexibility to learn new model and new setting.
Education, Skills, and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or greater, preferably in field related to special education, behavior analysis, or autism.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience working in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Board Certified Associate Behavior Analyst (BCaBA), Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), or BCBA-Intern in good standing.
- Licensed Behavior Analyst (LBA) in State of Texas preferred for BCBAs.
- Teacher certification in special education a plus.
- Supervision of RBTs experience preferred.
- CABAS or Direct Instruction experience highly preferred.
- PEAK or AIM experience a plus.
- Safety Care experience a plus.
- Experience working in school setting preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Pass a background check as required by the state of Texas.
Thrive with Autism is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Thrive Center for Success’ School Culture & Values
- Every Child Feels Valued
- Celebrate Uniqueness
- Inclusive, Safe Environment
- Welcoming/Nurturing/Positive Environment
- Educating one of us takes all of us
- A “We” Community - Team Oriented
- A “Yes” Community – Look for ways to make it possible. “Why Not”
- Do Whatever It Takes
- Open to Feedback/Constructive Criticism
- Live By Our Values - Servant Leadership
To Submit an application please visit: